- Very good, and stable platform for low and medium altitude.
- Payloads can be moderate in size depending on envelope size and lift capabilities.
- Safe to use.
- Envelope can be costly, and camera mounts would be similar to those used in kites.
- Helium can be a costly factor. It is typical of these platforms that the envelope must be deflated for transport unless a dedicated trailer of appropriate size is used. Helium loss is typically 3% per day, so provision must be provided for topping off of inflation as needed.
- Positioning must of course be preplanned to insure optimal viewing angles by camera.
- On tethered platforms there is also the danger of a breakaway, even with modern high tech lines. Provision for automatic deflation is required in most cases by regulations.