- Easily deployed in confined areas due to its maneuverability.
- Can carry fairly heavy payloads.
- Limited in altitude and distance due to size and viewability.
- More complicated, costly to operate and maintain.
- Higher risks to operate in public places especially near bystanders.
- Requires a much greater skill to operate than any other method.
- Pilot proficiency must be much better, and use of an assistant to operate the camera equipment is highly desirable in many instances to allow pilot to concentrate on flying.